Tuesday, June 21, 2011

{ winter solstice }


I had a very fitting start to my Winter Solstice, which I have to share. What should end in a 'Midwinter's Dream' of cuddling by the fire with a book, while sipping hot chocolate, almost didn't begin at all... 

This morning I ran out of the house to find my cute city car covered in FROST! I come from Cape Town, South Africa, I've NEVER had to deal with frost. I couldn't see through the windows at all, and my car wasn't heating up fast enough for the frost to melt. There was literally a layer of ICE on the windscreens. So I drove to work with my head stuck out of the drivers window - felt like I was in an episode of Mr Bean - where's Teddy? :) 

When I finally reached the office, a colleague noted how his windscreen wipers broke because the mechanics had frozen over night! (So grateful this did not happen to me!) How's that for a happy Midwinter? Of course I was a little late for work and too rushed to even think of taking a photo, but I've been assured that the Oudtshoorn mountain-top snow is well on it's way - along with a host of photo opportunities! 

No comments:

Post a Comment